Get The Best Deal By Experts!+91-9759-222-888
Tehri Tour Packages
Tehri Garhwal is a famous and popular district of the Garhwal division of Uttarakhand state. Situated between the mountains, this place is very beautiful. Every year a large number of tourists come to visit here. The natural beauty of this place attracts a large number of tourists. Due to the confluence of three rivers (Bhagirathi, Bhilangana and Ghrit Ganga) or being surrounded by the river from three ends, this place came to be called Trihari and then as Teeri and Tehri....
Tehri Garhwal is made up of two words, in which the word Tehri is derived from "Trihari", it means a place that works to remove three types of sins (from Manasa, Vachana, Karmana). The same "Garh" means 'Fort', there is a long history behind it. Before 888, the whole of Garhwal was divided into small 'garhs', in which the kings of different states ruled, who were known as 'Rana', 'Rai' or 'Thakur'. It is said that the prince of Malwa, Kanakpal had gone to visit Badrinath Dham, where he met the mighty King Bhanu Pratap. Prince Kanakpal greatly influenced King Bhanu Pratap, due to which Raja Behan Pratap got his only daughter married to Kanakpal and handed over his entire kingdom to Kanakpal. Little by little, Kanakpal and his coming generations continued to increase their kingdom by winning all the strongholds one by one. In this way, the entire Garhwal region came under their control till 1803.History of Tehri
It is said that the prince of Malwa, Kanakpal had gone to visit Badrinath Dham, where he met the mighty King Bhanu Pratap. Prince Kanakpal greatly influenced King Bhanu Pratap, due to which Raja Behan Pratap got his only daughter married to Kanakpal and handed over his entire kingdom to Kanakpal. By lightning Kanakpal and his coming generations, one by one, winning all the strongholds, their kingdom went on increasing. In this way, the entire Garhwal region came under their control till 1803.
In the same years, there were unsuccessful attacks by Gurkhas (attempts to capture Langur Garhi), but in 1803, the Gurkhas finally won a battle at Dehradun, in which Raja Pradymun Shah was killed. But his prince (Sudarshan Shah) who was younger at that time was saved in the hands of loyalists. Gradually the dominance of Gorkhas increased and they ruled for about 12 years. His kingdom was extended till Kangra, then the Gorkhas were driven out of Kangra by Maharaja Ranjit Singh and on the other hand, Sudarshan Shah snatched his kingdom back from the Gorkhas with the help of East India Company.
The East India Company annexed Kumaon, Dehradun and East (East) Garhwal to the British Empire and gave West Garhwal to Raja Sudarshan Shah, now known as Tehri princely state. King Sudarshan Shah made the city "Tehri or Tehri" as his capital and later his successors Pratap Shah, Kirti Shah and Narendra Shah established the capital of this state Pratap Nagar, Kirti Nagar and Narendra Nagar and all three successors from 1815 to 1949. reigned till The people of this region took a huge part against the Quit India Movement. After independence, there was a desire in the mind of the people to be free from the rule of kings and finally, King Manvendra Shah accepted to be united with India. In this way, in the year 1949, Tehri state was merged into Uttar Pradesh and made a district. Later on 24 February 1960, the Uttar Pradesh government separated one of its tehsils and made another district named Uttarkashi.
1. Tehri Garhwal: Tehri Garhwal is a famous and popular district of the Garhwal division of Uttarakhand state. Situated between the mountains, this place is very beautiful. Every year a large number of tourists come to visit here. The natural beauty of this place attracts a large number of tourists. Due to the confluence of three rivers (Bhagirathi, Bhilangana and Ghrit Ganga) or being surrounded by the river from three ends, this place came to be called Trihari and then as Teeri and Tehri. Tehri Garhwal is made up of two words, in which the word Tehri is derived from "Trihari", it means a place that works to remove three types of sins (from Manasa, Vachana, Karmana). The same "Garh" means 'Fort', there is a long history behind it. Before 888, the whole of Garhwal was divided into small 'garhs', in which the kings of different states ruled, who were known as 'Rana', 'Rai' or 'Thakur'.
2. Oneswar Mahadev Temple: Oneshwar Mahadev Temple is an ancient and religious temple located in the village panchayat Dewal, located in the middle of Patti On of Pratap Nagar in Tehri Garhwal district. Oneshwar Mahadev in the form of Lord Shiva. Oneshwar Mahadev Temple is a symbol of faith, faith, progress and progress. Nothing was sacrificed in this temple except quince and even today only one quince and rice are being done by all the devotees for worshiping their deity. The Pashwas (on whom the deities are incarnated) of Oneshwar Mahadev temple mainly descend on the Nagvanshi Rana of Onal village and the Panwar descendants of Kholgarh and many other prominent castes and Brahmins of Bhatt caste of village Silwal village for the worship of the deity. And village Jakhani, Patti are Brahmins of Semwal caste of Bhadura.
3. Surkanda Devi Temple: Surkanda Devi Temple is the main Hindu temple, which is situated on the Surkut mountain of Jaunupar in Tehri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand and this temple is situated between Dhanaulti and Kanatal. Surkanda Mata Temple is reached on Chamba-Mussoorie road by climbing one and a half km from Kaddukhal town. Surkanda Devi Temple is built at an altitude of about three thousand meters above sea level. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga, one of the nine goddess forms. Surkanda Devi Temple is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas. The idol of Goddess Kali is installed in the Surkanda Devi temple. The mention of the temple of Surkanda Devi is also found in Kedarkhand and Skanda Purana. Surkanda Devi Temple is right on the top of the mountain.
4. Chandrabadni Temple: Chandrabadni Temple is one of the Shakti Peethas of Goddess Sati and a holy religious place. The Chandrabadni temple is situated on the Tehri road on the Chandrakoot mountain at an altitude of about eight thousand feet. This temple is 33 km from Devprayag. is located at a distance from Adi Jagatguru Shankaracharya established the Shaktipeeth here. From the religious, historical and cultural point of view, Chandrabadni is important among the Shaktipeeths of Uttarakhand. This Siddha Peeth has been described in detail in Skanda Purana, Devi Bhagwat and Mahabharata. Chandrabadni temple is mentioned in the ancient texts by the name of Bhuvaneshwari Siddhapeeth.
5. Masar Taal: The picturesque Masar Tal is located in the Tehri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. It is situated at an altitude of 3,000 meters above sea level. The lake is situated below the Masar Top and on the left bank of the Dudhaganga Bamak (W), the May Marg Pass. The origin of Bhilangana river is an important source of Masar Tal. The lake is surrounded by dense forest, meadows and snow-capped Himalayan peaks. The known cities located near this lake are Ghattu and Ghansali. The best time to visit this lake is from June to September. Masar Tal is one of the most isolated lakes in the Garhwal region. The picturesque scenery around the pleasing Masar Tal makes it a popular trek. The area around the lake is surrounded by alpine green meadows, also known as 'Bugyal' in the local language. These grasslands are covered with various vegetation, on which walking barefoot feels as if it is flowing on clouds.How to reach Tehri
By Road: Tehri can be reached by road very easily by driving from Delhi by 310Km. Haridwar, Rishikesh & Dehradun are the nearest places to reach Tehri by road. Buses & taxis are available for Binsar from these places.
By Train: Rishikesh is the nearest station for Tehri. It is well connected to all major cities of India. Trains are also available from Haridwar, Rishikesh & Delhi.
By Air: Dehradun Airport is the nearest airport to Tehri. It's well connected to all cities.
Popular Tehri Tour Packages
|Tehri Tour Packages||Price||Time||Person||Book|
|Tehri Tour Package Ex Haridwar||Rs. On Request*||2 Nights 3 Days||Per Person||
|Tehri Rishikesh Tour Ex Dehradun||Rs. On Request*||4 Nights 5 Days||Per Person||
|Tehri Dhanaulti Mussoorie Package||Rs. On Request*||5 Nights 6 Days||Per Person||
Tehri Tour Packages
Tehri Tour Package Ex Haridwar2 Nights 3 Days
Book Tehri Tour package from Haridwar or Dehradun for 2 nights 3 days.
Tehri Rishikesh Tour Ex Dehradun4 Nights 5 Days
Get Tehri Rishikesh Holiday Tour Package from Dehradun to Dehradun for 4 Nights 5 Days.
Tehri Dhanaulti Mussoorie Package5 Nights 6 Days
Explore the beauty of Tehri, Dhanaulti, and Mussoorie for 5 nights 6 days from Haridwar.
Tehri Tour FAQs
Tehri dam is renowned as the Largest and Highest dam in Asia and is considered the 10th tallest dam in the world harnessing water from Bhilangana and Bhagirathi, the two Essential rivers of the Himalayas.
King Sudarshan Shah made the city of Tehri or Tehri his capital, Later his successors, Pratap shah, Kirti Shah & Narendra Shah established the capital of this state as Pratap Nagar, Kirti Nagar & Narendra Nagar, respectively. All three ruled from 1815 to 1949.
Tehri Garhwal district has Nine blocks.
List of Activities you can do in Tehri.
Surkanda Devi temple
Gautam Rishi's Temple
Sem Mukhem Temple
Ganga-Sacred confluence of river Alaknanda & Bhagirathi Rivers
Water sports destination: Tehri Dam
Water Sport in Tehri Lake: Water skiing, jet skiing, kayaking, Water Scoter, Banana Boat Ride, speed boating, Surfing & kneeboarding, etc.
Distance between Haridwar to Tehri Garhwal by Road is 142 Kms; Distance between Haridwar to Tehri Garhwal by Flight is 55 Kms; Travel Time from Haridwar Too.
It is located in the Tehri district of Uttarakhand. Tehri Dam is an earth and rockfill dam. The Tehri Dam is the tallest in India. It is a multi-purpose rock and earth-fill embankment dam on the Bhagirathi River near Tehri in Uttarakhand, India.
Here is a tonne of beautiful places in Kumaon that are yet unexplored. However, two days of exploring are sufficient to experience Tehri.
© Copyright 2018 Design ByUprillAll Rights Reserved