Get The Best Deal By Experts!+91-9759-222-888
Lansdowne Tour Packages
The height of Lansdowne is about 1706 meters above sea level. It is said that this place was settled by the British by cutting the mountains. Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is a holy religious place located in the Lansdowne area of Tehri Garhwal district. Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This temple is situated at an altitude of 2092 meters above sea level. Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is one of the Siddha Peethas and is considered a holy site. Shri Tadkeshwar Mahadev is worshiped four times a year, under which 76 villages come. After the harvest in the village, the first offering is made in the temple.History of Lansdowne
Lansdowne is a beautiful hill station located in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. It is situated at an altitude of 1706 meters above the sea coast. Lansdowne is a cantonment town in Pauri Garhwal district in the state of Uttarakhand (India). Lansdowne is a very beautiful hill station located in Garhwal, Uttarakhand. The natural shade here is mesmerizing. The beautiful hill station Lansdowne was settled by the British in the year 1887. It was named after the then Viceroy of India Lord Lansdowne. In the local language, it is called "Kaludand", which means "black hill". Lansdowne is the headquarters of the Indian Army named "Garhwal Regiment". This entire area is under the army and is also a stronghold of the Garhwal Rifles. One can visit the Garhwal Rifles War Memorial and Regiment Museum in Lansdowne. Here you can get a glimpse of things related to Garhwal Rifles. The museum remains open till 5 pm only. There is also a parade ground near it, which can be seen by the common tourists from outside. By the way, this place has also been a witness to many activities of the freedom movement. You can also visit Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple in Lansdowne.Places to Visit in Lansdowne
1. Sidhbali Mandir: Sidhbali Temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. Sidhbali Temple holds great religious importance among the people of Uttarakhand and especially the people living in the Pauri Garhwal district. Sidhbali Temple is situated on the hillside 38 km before Lansdowne and just 2 km from Kotdwar town. is situated at a distance of According to historians, Saint Sidhva (14th century) also did penance here, who is worshiped here as a Siddha. It is believed about the temple that Hanuman Ji fulfils everyone's wishes here. Hindu, Muslim, Sikh people of all religions come to the temple to ask for their wishes.
2. Tarkeswar Mahadev Temple: Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is a holy religious place located in the Lansdowne area of Tehri Garhwal district. Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This temple is situated at an altitude of 2092 meters above sea level. Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is one of the Siddha Peethas and is considered a holy site. Shri Tadkeshwar Mahadev is worshiped four times a year, under which 76 villages come. After the harvest in the village, the first offering is made in the temple.
There are 02 stories about the temple:- According to the legend of Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Tadkasur was a demon who meditated at this place to get the boon of immortality from Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva seeing Tadkasur's intense devotion and worship grants Tadkasur the boon of immortality. With time, Tadkasur starts doing wrong deeds on the earth with the boon of immortality and starts killing the saints. Seeing the peaceful environment of the earth in trouble by Tadakasur, the saints requested Lord Shiva to seek help. Lord Shiva married MATA Parvati and gave birth to Karthik to fight with Tadakasur. Just as Tadkeshwar was killed at the hands of Karthik, then Tadkasur starts praying to Lord Shiva and asks for forgiveness. Then Lord Shiva forgives them and says that in Kaliyuga you will be worshiped only in the name of Lord Shiva and Tadkasur is worshiped only in the name of Lord Shiva, hence the name of this place was "Tadkeshwar Mahadev". Earlier Shivling was present in Tadkeshwar Mahadev temple but now there is an idol of Lord Shiva which is worshiped. The idol of Lord Shiva is at the same place where the Shivling was present. 02:- According to the belief of Tadkeshwar Mahadev Temple, it is also said that Lord Shiva rested here after killing Tadkasur. When Mother Parvati saw that Lord Shiva was feeling the heat of the sun, Mother Parvati herself took the form of pine trees and provided shade to Lord Shiva. Those seven palm trees are still present in the courtyard of Tadkeshwar Mahadev temple. The description of Tadkeshwar is also found in Ramayana as a holy pilgrimage. Here people come to Baba Tadkeshwar with their wishes and Bholenath never disappoints his devotees. It is believed that when someone's wish is fulfilled, they offer bells in the temple here. Thousands of bells mounted in the temple here are proof of the welfare of the sages who came under Baba's shelter here.
3. Garhwali Mess: It is one of the oldest buildings located in the Lansdowne area of Pauri Garhwal district. The building was constructed in the British era in 1888, is protected and maintained by the state government and is a popular tourist attraction in the Lansdowne area. It is one of the best-preserved architecture in the Lansdowne region and the age-old heritage of the Indian Army and one of the most prestigious of all Army regiments of the Garhwal Rifles. Tourists come from far and wide to explore the historical building.
4. Bheem Pakora: A place called "Bhim Pakora" is a historical but amazing place near Lansdowne. “Bhim Pakora” attracts tourists through its name. The visitor can see two big stones balancing one on top of the other at this place. The top stone can be moved with only one finger, but even after pushing with both hands, both the big stones could never fall. Situated 2 km away from Lansdowne city center, 'Bhim Pakora' is the most exciting & fascinating place in Lansdowne.
5. Tip In Top: Situated on a hilltop, close to St. Mary's Church, Tip-in-Top is a popular destination. This place, known as Tiffin Top, provides a beautiful view of the snowy hills. From here one can get a glimpse of the small of Tibet.
6. Shiv Kaleswar Mahadev Temple: Lansdowne in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand is a cantonment town and a beautiful, remote hill station with lots of greenery and tall trees. India was established after the Viceroy of Lord Lansdowne. (14 January 1845 – 3 June 1927), the hill station has several tourist sites within the city and surrounding areas. Many Shiva temples are established in this area. An age-old temple of Lord Shiva, Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple is a center of devotion for the Lansdowne people as well as the brave Garhwal regiment. Located near the main Lansdowne town, Kaleshwar Mahadev is named after Rishi Kaloon, who meditated here. The first and favorite place to visit among Lord Shiva devotees at Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple was considered to be the land of meditation for the saints. Visitors can still see the tombs of many sages near the temple.
There is a Shivling in the Kaleshwar Mahadev temple which is Swayambhu (self-sufficient). The villagers believed that when the cows of the village used to come here to graze, they would automatically give milk when they passed near the Shivling. People used to come to ask for their vows with reverence and devotion, their vows were also definitely fulfilled. That is, Baba Kaleshwar was the center of the unbroken faith of the villagers. In the year 1901, the first Garhwal regiment built a small temple here as a Dharamshala. In the year 1926, with the cooperation of the people, a huge temple was built here. Sadhus used to worship in the temple. The temple was managed by the Garhwal Regiment. In 1995, the temple was renovated by the Garhwal Regiment. In this also the cooperation of the local people was found. People also believe in this history that about 5000 years ago Rishi Kaloon meditated here before shouting. Lansdowne is named Kaludanda after Rishi Kalun.
By Road: Lansdowne can be reached by road very easily by driving from Delhi by 350Km. Haridwar, Rishikesh & Dehradun are the nearest places to reach Lansdowne by road. Buses & taxis are available for Lansdowne from these places.
By Train: Kashipur is the nearest station for Lansdowne. It is well connected to all major cities of India. Trains are also available from Haridwar, Rishikesh & Delhi.
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to Lansdowne. It's well connected to all cities.
Lansdowne Popular Tour Packages
|Lansdowne Tour Package Ex Delhi||Rs. On Request*||2 Nights 3 Days||Per Person||
|Lansdowne Corbett Tour Ex Delhi||Rs. On Request*||4 Nights 5 Days||Per Person||
|Lansdowne Mussoorie Tour Ex Delhi||Rs. On Request*||4 Nights 5 Days||Per Person||
Lansdowne Holidays Packages
Lansdowne Tour Package Ex Delhi2 Nights 3 Days
Book Holiday in Lansdowne for 2 nights 3 days from Delhi.
Lansdowne Corbett Tour Ex Delhi4 Nights 5 Days
Get ready for Lansdowne and Jim Corbett Tour Package from Delhi to Delhi.
Lansdowne Mussoorie Tour Ex Delhi4 Nights 5 Days
Let us enjoy Lansdowne with Mussoorie tour package for 4 nights 5 days from Delhi.
Lansdowne Tour FAQs
© Copyright 2018 Design ByUprillAll Rights Reserved